- Created on Wednesday, 24 April 2013 13:44
Juicey Lucy's is committed to your health, vitality, and protecting our environment. Frequently, we're asked why we don't carry straws. We ask that you sip and savor: don't suck. Here's why:
- Contact with the enzymes in your saliva is an important first step in digestion. Did you know 50% of your digestion happens in your mouth?
- Straws enable you to drink too quickly and increase the amount of air you swallow, both of which result in bloating, gas, and indigestion.
- Even biodegradable straws inhibit your taste experience by limiting contact with your taste buds.
- Plastic straws contain BPA, a chemical that breaks down and releases harmful toxins into your body when reused.
- Each day, an estimated 500 million disposable plastic straws are tossed away in the U.S. alone!